A couple of hoarding and bunch of printed advertisements doesn’t make a brand. A brand stands on the grounds of reputation and trust, which can be achieved by connecting to the user directly.
Making a hustle in the market and shouting out loud about what you sell, definitely, gives an edge. Online marketing has become one of the most preferred platforms for branding.
Why is online branding an essential?
There are several reasons as to why one should engage their users online. Online branding makes an impact that has a greater effect than any other marketing tactic.
Some of the perks offered by online branding are:
- Let the world know: Geographies can be a major challenge when it comes to spreading the word about your brand. Thus, online platform expands your reachability and let people know about what you serve.
- Trust: If people hear a name, their basic instinct is to Google it. If immediate results such as website, company profile or information of any kind are missing online, the competitor gets the benefit.
- Target audience: A target is very important when it comes to branding. Traditional ways such newspaper or pamphlet is seen by one and all thus missing out on the main audience. Not every brand fits all age groups, sex or mindset. Online branding helps in targeting the right audience as they belong to pull marketing.
Difference between traditional and online marketing
Traditional ways of marketing are good when geographies are fixed. Now- a-days banners, pamphlets and newspaper ads have gone for a toss because a user spends minimum 5 -6 hours a day on his mobile and Internet based devices. This average time is higher in case of youths.
Traditional marketing works on a strategy called pushing a brand into the market. The demand for a product is forced where a brand looks up to the customer hence, the lead generation is poor.
In case of online branding, a pull is created where a customer searches for a product due to need or requirement. Since the information can be accessed easily without investing much time, the outcome is fruitful.
How to brand online?
The positioning of a brand among the thousands of existing and new brands could be a great challenge. Thus, branding has to be tactful as there are several ways to connect to an audience.
- Websites: It’s a formal approach of connecting with the clients. A user can navigate the website and read all the information of a company. Before a client approaches
- Blogs: It’s an informal connect, where the company can educate their audience and captivate all the current scenarios about their niche such as latest technology, news etc. It eventually increases the traffic by creating an audience pull.
- Social media: It’s a platform to reach your audience on a daily basis to create a visual impression. Popular platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and You tube could generate great leads and helps in connecting with all age groups.